This is a collaborative effort between the financial counselor and the client. Financial counselors educate clients about sound financial principles. Financial counselors additionally, help clients to identify goals and explore potential solutions to the client’s financial problems. This process may also assist the client to improve communication with others about money and also provide coping skills to help relieve financial issues. The financial counselor and client’s work may be focused on exploring pro-active measures, remedial issues, or a combination of the two, as needed.
An accredited financial counselor (AFC) will partner with you to:
• Understand your financial situation and goals
• Develop a personalized budget
• Assist you with money management
• Explain your options and help develop successful strategies towards achieving your financial goals
• Develop a personalized action plan for moving forward
Click here to contact us about Financial Counseling.
*Couples may also be interested in our Marriage and Money class. Click here for more information.*